Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Time well-spent

I am so extremely tired. I have been out late the past two nights with friends. I have had a ball, but have regretted it in the morning. I went walking Sunday night and ran into Shannon and Dan outside my apartment building and they invited me to join them for a golf game around our complex playing with a wiffle ball. We had an absolute ball. It was great! They taught me how to swing the golf club. I will be eternally grateful as I feel I can partake in something my dad and brother enjoy. Then last night our normal work crew at Confluence Ministries went back downtown to help. The boys put up doors and the other girls did some cleaning while I learned how to do some staining. I did manage to get it all over me. (I'm still sticky.)

I should have known this would happen, but the boys started talking about food and then they decided that we were all going to go eat, which was fine with me. I can always eat! We all headed to Ginger's to delight ourselves in carrots, some spinach appetizers, frozen pizza and lemonade. Delicious! There's nothing better than spur of the moment food from the freezer! I introduced them to speed scrabble and we played some card games. Shannon showed us his card tricks. (I'm still amazed!) And we watched some of the World Cup. Does anyone know the team who's abbreviation is KSA? It's driving me nuts! Anyway, I didn't get to bed until 12:30 and I'm beat!

But the best part of all of this is that I know Ginger, Shannon and John better than I used to. And it's not stupid stuff, it's meaningful things about them. We all got to share our hearts and what made them beat so to speak. It's neat to hear. So it was all time well-spent.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wished I was there with you all...community is what it's about. Knowing people is awesome, especially who they really are. Don't mean to sin...but I'm envious, and miss those times.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read car audio amplifiers simvastatin zocor and impotence mold allergy symptoms malta beverages and impotence Fletchers tire tucson Policosanol control cholesterol travel boston to new york generic erectile dysfunction Decks patios driveways prairie du rocher illinois Lady &aposs denim blouses brand name haik Diamond center hotel Second mortgage refinancing sacramento south whittier amateur photos lds temple wedding invitations Jewelry necklace diamond and pearl necklace Johnny depp eyeglasses

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home