Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Good times with old friends

Well...last night I had dinner with a dear old friend, Miss Jennie Otte. I met Jennie when we were both students at The Laborer's Institute at Kingdom Building Ministries in Denver, CO. That was in 2001. We were on the same team and headed into a whirlwind of a summer and headed to Cambodia. We have kept in touch through the years and always get together during the summer when I'm here. But this summer, for some reason, I believe it was God, we were brought together more and have a stronger bond. Maybe it was always there and we never noticed. But nevertheless, there it is. We ate a quaint little cafe downtown Denver called A La Tomate. Sooo good. Little tart pizzas. The service was great, the atmosphere was great, the food was great, and the prices were great. The whole thing was great.

I cannot even begin to explain the freedom that came with last night to share and just talk and be honest. It's so hard to find solid people who love God deeply and truly. And Jennie is definitely one of those people. It was nice. We laughed and cried and shared. Fun times brought to you and me by God. We even got dessert. And those of you who know me well know that I LOVE dessert. We also got coffee at a fabulous coffee shop down the road. Fun times.

Today I got to have lunch with my two favorite children, Silas and Aynsley Vermilya. We went to Subway. They managed to make the most interesting drink combinations I've ever known. Does anyone remember suicide drinks when you were growing up? Yeah, that's what they did, but they loved it:) And...they made me things in vacation Bible school. I got a magnet with feet on it from Silas and a bracelet with the brightest color beads in the world with African animals on it from Aynsley. I'm wearing it right now! So cute!

I'm off to spend the rest of my afternoon doing graduation shopping and birthday shopping and dinner and then off to baby-sit Silas and Aynsley for the evening. Good times!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Ohh...give Si and B hugs for me please!! I miss those kids! And tell Jennie hello next time you see her :)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home