Monday, June 20, 2005

Sunburned

Well...this weekend was filled yet again with excitement. And boy was last week busy. Let me allow you to imagine how busy it really was. Throughout the week we had a going away party for our COO, a Board Meeting, a Marketing Summit, an alumni retreat and the TLI concert of prayer. There were guests all throughout the office and children running around a us in a daze. But throughout it all, there was fun and excitement and opportunities for learning.

Friday was a 14 hour day at the office. Man was I beat! But I found it in me to still meet up with my church friends and have coffee. (I had a huge one with extra caffeine in it!) And then we went and saw "Batman Begins". Movies out here cost $9 and I couldn't believe I was paying that much to see Batman. But I surprised to find it so good. I highly recommend this movie. It was a really good one. After the movie let out at quarter to 1:00am we all went to Ginger's to roast S'mores. I had one and then I was spent. I was so pooped I was falling asleep sitting there. I left early and went to bed considering I had to be at the office the next day at 6:15am to go white-water rafting!

Yes, I went rafting again! I live for stuff like that. We took students, children of staff members, and alumni and it was so great. We had people falling out and rafts overturning. Luckily no one got hurt, but it still made for great stories for later and excitement for some:) Needless to say, I got really sunburned on my legs. I was at the front of the boat and totally forgot about putting lotion on my legs and they are burned to a crisp. I should put a picture on here and show you. But for the life of me, I can't remember how to post pics. It's been too long.

Yesterday consisted of a wonderful church service. Pastor Jim preached from Daniel 3 about Shadrach, Meshak, and Abednego. (Sorry about the spelling.) I love that whole passage. God was definitely there yesterday and spoke to me so clearly. I can't go in to much detail, pretty much none at all. But I would appreciate prayers for me. I heard God speak to me so clearly. I want to be obedient and follow Him, but I"m waiting on timing and more specifics. Pray for patience for me and for open ears and an open heart to listen to God. Thanks you guys.

Oh, I also played ultimate frisbee yesterday. I really love sports a lot. What fun! And then I went up to Barnes and Noble to read and journal and get some coffee. I sat outside and just watched people, which is so fun! Much love!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home