Tuesday, April 24, 2007

It finally made sense!

You know how you read scripture for many years, repetatively almost? Then, one day that scripture has a whole new meaning or it finally makes sense after years of just being words on paper? God gives you new insight into it either because He's giving you discernment or because it finally applies.

Well...that's what happened with this song I love written by Sara Groves. The song, "Painting Pictures of Egypt" was the reason I bought the CD and not because of the words to the song, but because of the melody. I loved it. So for four years I've been listening to this song trying desperately to figure out what she was talking about. Then...Thursday afternoon I was driving home from an appointment and was listening to the song. All of it made sense to me. I believe God gave me discernment to finally understand the words and was preparing that song for me for years. It applies to me now. God gave me that song long before I knew I needed it.

It goes like this...

I don't want to leave here, I don't want to stay, it feels like pinching to me either way. The places I long for the most are the places where I've been. They are calling after me like a long lost friend. It's not about losing faith, it's not about trust, it's all about comfortable when you move so much. The place I was wasn't perfect but I had found a way to live. it wasn't milk or honey but than neither is this. I've been painting pictures of Egypt leaving out what it lacked. The future feels so hard and I want to go back. But the places that used to fit me canoot hold the things I've learned, and those roads were closed off to me while my back was turned. The past is so tangible, I know it by heart, familiar things are never easy to discard. I was longing for some freedom, but now I hesitate to go, I am caught between the promise and the things I know. If it comes too quick, I may not recognize it. Is that the reason behind all this time and sand. If it comes too quick, I may not appreciate it. Is it that the reason behind all this time and sand. ~Inspired by Exodus 16:3

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Are you checking this while you are overseas? If so, know that I am praying for you.

Much Love,
Jamie

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home