Monday, February 05, 2007

I have officially been at my job for a week and a half.  I love it!  I'm glad I'm actually working and doing something productive.  I felt so lazy before.  But now I feel so tired!  I haven't done anything in two months as far as a rigid schedule and now I'm on my feet the whole time I'm working.  I come home absolutely exhausted!  I need to buy some more comfortable shoes.  That's what I'm going to do with my first paycheck! 
 
But something I've realized is that this job is not only a blessing but a huge opportunity for me.  I have said so often how I wanted to be around more non-believers but quite frankly I just didn't know any.  Well...here's my chance.  Everyone I work with is a non-believer and one of them is a homosexual.  They're all super nice and fun to be with but they're lost.  I was reminded of the verse in Colossians 4:5-6- Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity.  Let your conversation be gracious and effective so tha tyou will have the right answer for everyone.  Just a reminder that I need to be careful with my words and my actions in front of them.  It's a huge deal and responsibility. 
 
I'm so thankful for the opportunity.  I also know that I'm going to really learn a lot from this and be stretched a lot.  I haven't been around this many non-believers in years.  I know, kind of sad.  But there you have it.  I would appreciate your prayers for opportunities to share my faith and for strength to be able to stand strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home