Friday, December 15, 2006

Back to routine

Well...I started back to the routine I had in Colorado-waking up at 4:30am and going to the gym before work. I woke up this morning feeling surprisingly refreshed and ready to go. I didn't feel tired. But...when I started working out I could feel the difference between 5:30 in the morning and 3:30 in the afternoon. It made such a difference. I had to continually keep talking myself into continuing to work out. Got ready at the gym and headed to work. Getting ready didn't take me nearly as long as it normally does. I thought it would take longer being in a place that is not normal. So...I got work a whole hour early. We won't be doing that again! But it's aloud me to sit here and do this so I'm grateful!

Today is a busy day filled with substitute teaching and looking for jobs. I started the job search yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at how nice and helpful people were. I will continue today, hopefully with some tangible evidence of my effort. And tonight me and the fam are headed to the Four Seasons mall to visit my sister who works at Chick-Fil-A over the Christmas break. I haven't had Chick-Fil-A in sooo long! I'm really excited. And...of course we'll do a little shopping. I'm just glad to go out and eat. I've been making dinner almost every night for the fam, which I love to do. But I just miss going out. My friend, Jessica, was right, I go out to eat a lot. I really do. I mean I did. I loved it. I love trying new foods and having great conversation with good friends over food. Call it a Southern bone in me or call it me. Whatever you will, I love it and I miss it. So...needlesstosay, I am excited about tonight's adventure.

Tomorrow morning I leave for Anderson, SC where a friend of mine from college is getting married in the evening. I will make a little pit stop at Concord Mills and do a little shopping! Let's see, what do I need?: a wrap for over my dress at the wedding, a sweater and some Christmas gifts for some friends. I hope I find some good stuff. I have been researching online and looking at what the stores offer so that I know where to go and I can go right in and get it! And I'll be staying the weekend with my very good friend, Sara and her husband. She and I always have a blast together and we're going to do again. And we're going to the bagel shop while I'm there, which we both love and used to go to a lot in college. Oh the good times:)

Speaking of this wedding...I'm a little nervous about it. I haven't seen some of these people in a long time. Like 2.5 years. And the people I have seen in the meantime I haven't talked to very much. I'm really excited don't get me wrong, just a little nervous at the same time. It's kind of like a reunion but not so long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

4:30 AM!!

hope you have a great time in Anderson. love ya, mean it!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home