Thursday, December 07, 2006

I do what I don't want to do

I went to a Bible study this morning with my mom. It's a very popular one. In fact, there's a waiting list to get in. We were invited by one of the teachers. Anyway, they were discussing Romans 7. Starting in verse 14 Paul is talking about how he doesn't do what he wants to do and he does do what he doesn't want to do. Amen brother! Anyone else totally agree with what Paul was saying?

I think this characteristic may be the only way that I am like Paul, at least right now. But it's comforting. He was a pretty mature believer and yet, there is he his talking about the exact frustrations that I often feel. I'm so glad he was so honest and not too proud to write about his struggles. It helps to remind people like me that I'm not a hopeless case and I don't have to be perfect.

Yay for open hearts and fast fingers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home