Thursday, September 28, 2006

Goal accomplished-what's next?



I ran my first half marathon on Sunday and I did it with my dad. He flew out to Colorado on Friday and we hung out all weekend going to a Board of Directors dinner at KBM and then piddled around on Saturaday and watched the Arkansas/Alabama game (what an upset!).

He and I left on Sunday morning at 6:00am to drive to Boulder with the race starting at 8:00am. It took me 2 hours and 17 minutes. 13.1 miles! The bigger thing to me isn't that I ran that distance but that I ran for over two hours! I mean who does that much cardio in one day! But it was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I did it! It was one of my personal goals for 2006 and it's accomplished!

What do I do next? Marathon? Triathalon? Dad said NOT to call him when I decide to do a marathon (he's already done one!). I really am a goal addict. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, way to keep running!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

way to go, girl--I'm impressed!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home