Thursday, September 07, 2006

What a great weekend!

I know this comes a little late but I just got time! I had such a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I hung out with friends all weekend going out to eat, karaoke, making them dinner, and just laughing about when we were young. It was hilarious! (Pics to come later!)

I had my yard sale on Saturday morning. It was a success in my book cause I made some good money. Although I only sold about half of my stuff. So...I'm doing it again this Saturday and after this weekend I'll just give everything away.

Friday night was more emotional than I thought it would be with me pulling out everything I was going to sell. And Saturday, the stuff that hardest for me to sell was all of my kitchen stuff. I love to cook and bake for people so much and it's such a huge part of my life. It was hard to sell it each time. I just looked at all of this stuff that I had been given as gifts or I had accumulated through the years and it was kind of sad. But you'll notice I keep calling it "stuff" and that's all it is. It's just "stuff". It's replaceable and not a big deal really. It's just something I'm working on taking out of my life in preparation for the next chapter and hopefully all of my future. I definitely don't want to known as a person who likes "stuff" and loves to spend money on junk, which is what I'm known for now. I want to not only invest my time in people but I want to invest my money in people and things that really matter.

Sure stuff is nice to have and it makes me look important and feel important but it doesn't make me important. What are thoughts and feelings when you don't have the facts to back it up? So...working on getting rid of "stuff".

I have bought my ticket to Orlando and I have my schedule and I am on my way! God is definitely good to me. So thankful!

Pray for me, I haven't been feeling well. Thanks!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a blessing. I thank God for you every day.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must be a Christian post. Its start with "I had a great weekend" and ends with "I gave up all my stuff."

Love ya girl

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home