Friday, February 09, 2007

I surprise myself!

Today was my longest day of working at the Gap since I started.  I'm a regular 9-5er now.  That was my shift today.  It wasn't as bad as I thougth.  I am on my feet the whole time so I made sure to wear comfortable shoes.  And...mom came and had lunch with me on my break! 
 
So...how I surprised myself, let me get to that.  Two things happened today.  One, I got a promotion already!  I couldn't believe it!  I have worked there two weeks and they are already training me for right below the manager position.  It's called a key-holder.  It basically means I'm acting manager when a manager is not present.  It's nothing I was really going for, but it's nice to be promoted none-the-less.
 
The other thing that surprised me was that I opened four Gap cards today for four different people!  That's a total of five this week!  Who does that?  I couldn't believe it!  There's always a contest going among employees to see who can open the most for the month.  I just may get it this month!  I'm actually really enjoying this job, which kind of surprises me.  I think I already said this but I just really like helping people find what they need, even if it's only clothes. 
 
It's true what they say, when you smile at someone it can really change their demeanor.  I smile at them and they go from whatever they were to smiling back and then we're all in a good mood. 
 
I'm determined.  I'm going to spread Jesus in that store one way or another.  One person at a time.  One sale at a time! 

1 Comments:

Blogger TKB said...

I am not surprised!!! I wish I were there for you to be my personal shopper. Although I only by Gap clothes or Banana Rebublic at The Goodwill! :)
Keep being Jesus girl. "Fierce Conversations"- is a great secular book that really spoke to me in how to go deeper with people in a short time. I use them often.
Blessings,
Beth

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home