Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Recklessly Abandoned

I was watching the new PI video, which is amazing btw and they were interviewing a girl serving in the Middle East.  She made an interesting and very on target comment, "If we aren't living recklessly abandoned to Him then what are we doing?".  Good question.
 
What am I doing?  Am I living recklessly abandoned?
 
One thing that I have realized in the past fews weeks, months, whatever is that I have been trying so hard to "be" something or to act like a certain person.  I've been trying hard to be a better person and do what I'm supposed to.  But there was no motivation behind it; no good motivation.  Like the dreams and goals I had for my life, they were resting on me and my own strength.
 
Loving my Savior.  To live recklessly abandoned to Him.  Love the Savior and He'll help me to love others.  Love the Savior and He'll give me the direction that I need.  Love the Savior and He'll give me the strength I need.  Love the Savior and He'll make me into the person that HE wants and needs me to be not I feel like I should be.
 
It brings a lot of freedom.  One thing to do, love Him.  He'll do the rest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home