Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Student Life Camp

Hey ya'll! I'm currently in Durango, CO at Student Life Camp with eight of our high schoolers from my churches youth group: four guys, four girls, me and the youth minister. Man is this tiring! I had no idea! I am worn out although I am getting about 7 hours of sleep a night. I am just so tired cause we're in the sun all day and running around without breaks and of course, eating bad. But we're having a great time. I've been allowed the opportunity to lead the Bible study times. I hope I'm not messing with their heads too much:) The group is definitely coming together as far as getting to know each other and becoming friends. I think my greatest fear is that they walk away from this camp as having just had "fun" all week. Fun is not bad. Fun is great! But the stuff we're talking about and learning about this week are awesome subjects!

You all know me well enough to know that I am dead on serious and excited about people living their life abundantly, full of purpose and on mission with God. I want these students so badly to grab hold of this as well and really make it a part of their lives. Pray with me, would ya? A little help here.

Can I tell you that Charlie Hall and his band are doing an awesome job leading worship? Yeah, great job. And...all the leaders at this camp are from the South and I mean really far down South. And so yes, that means that my southern draw has immerged from below and it's much more obvious that I too am from the South! We will rise again:)

Love you all!