Monday, August 02, 2004

What a weekend!

I know, I have not written in a long time. The end of last week was so hectic and fast I didn't even get to sit down on Friday to check e-mail. Sorry. I know you guys missed this.

Friday was Youth Institute graduation. We decorated and set-up for it and we made all the food for it. Printed pics and put them in frames, did the certificates, rolled them with nice ribbon and tried to have a little sanity left over. I was pooped afterwards, but it was a hit and a very successful graduation, yea!! Saturday a.m. I got up at 6:30 to take a student to the airport and after that I met most of the KBM staff at some new staff members' home to help them move in. They had moved from Kentucky. It was very interesting to see all of these people in shorts and casual clothes when usually the only thing I see them in are dress clothes. We had a great time and I stayed afterwards to help Holly unpack the kitchen. She is pregnant and we had a great time. I learned a lot about some new utinsels in the kitchen and what they actually do because I had no clue about a bunch of them. So the experience was educational as well! And then that night I rented another one of the movies that Lucas recommended. "In America" was okay. It was kind of a strange movie actually. I think it's one of those movies that you have to see a second time for you to really enjoy. Sunday was church and then afterwards we went to Six Flags for Emily's birthday! I really felt like a kid and I was on vacation. I had a blast. It was so much fun! Oh, that morning Amy had woken up with a terribly crick in her neck or something, point is she couldn't move her head and she was walking kind of stiff like. And that afternoon before we left I was getting in the car and my head got shut in the door. Don't know exactly how I managed to do that, but I did. I have a big goose egg on my head. (It hurt pretty bad.)

Six Flags was so fun. We rode rollercoasters and I rode a bunch I wouldn't have ridden otherwise, so that was fun. Amy got sick on the Spider thing, that was kind of bad. But still a very fun time. And we went to Beau Jo's for dinner. Yummy. I was craving a coke like no one's business. Yea for Pepsi. And then....I got a little sick. We'll just leave it at that, but I had to hurry home:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hahaha, saying that you 'got your head shut in the door' is a lot funnier than the way you were telling that story earlier :) Take my word for it, everyone: 1) the goosegg was really big, and 2) Miss Kathryn was REALLY sick last night. poor thing... ;)

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home